Finance & Operations Manager
We are searching for an eager and ambitious Finance & Operations Manager to work directly with our CEO & CFO as we rapidly become one of the fastest growing proptech companies across Europe. The position entails working with the executive management team on day-to-day operations, as well as supporting on capital markets transactions and special projects.
xNomad is the leading marketplace for short term retail across Europe - we connect brands and entrepreneurs with short term retail space for a pop-up experience.
There are at least 20,000 vacant spaces in Sweden right now and our goal is to fill these spaces with amazing pop up experiences. 1/12 spaces globally are estimated to be empty. Retail is currently going through a transformation and we at xNomad believe that pop-up is the future of retail.
Following rapid growth in the Nordics, we have expanded into Europe as we continue to grow. We've been working with innovative and exciting brands such as Voi, Hedvig, Warner Bros, TanRevel, VanMoof, Shien and New Balance.
Working predominantly with xNomad’s CFO, you will be supporting all aspects of our financial operations, including financial reporting, board reporting, supporting on budget and treasury workstreams, as well as working closely with the CEO & CFO on partnerships, fundraising, and other special projects.
Core workstreams of the position are summarized below:
- Financial and operational analysis
- Financial modeling
- Take ownership over our internal financial reporting processes and administrative tasks, identifying areas of improvement and enhancing efficiencies in the reporting function
- Setting and following up on financial and operational targets
- Financial control
- Identify, analyze, and recommend strategic opportunities (business models, competitors, potential acquisitions, strategic partnerships etc)
- Work collaboratively with the executive team and key functions to define and execute on our strategic roadmap
- Identify areas for improvement across all workstreams and processes
- Support with organisational structure, identifying bottlenecks & helping mitigate these accordingly
- Conduct market analysis and track competitor information
- Assist in the preparation of fundraising materials such as pitch decks and operational models
- A degree in Finance, Business or equivalent
- 2 years of experience working in a high performing environment within finance or auditing
- Curiosity and passion for problem-solving, with a strong appetite for growth and a can-do attitude
- Collaborative working style with strong people-skills and experience working in teams under pressure
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, structure and present/implement suitable solutions
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel, across different functions of the business
- Outcomes-based approach to problem solving